For people who live in a hot country and region, we love our hot showers and being able to enjoy one without interruptions depends on the hot water system you have. Gas hot water systems are efficient hot water heaters and more environmentally friendly, since they generate less greenhouse gas emissions.
Compared to solar water systems or heat pumps, gas hot water systems have lower upfront costs and are not dependant on the sun. As long as there is gas, you are assured of hot water.
A gas hot water system is designed to burn natural gas that is delivered through a piped system or Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) that is usually bottled. Natural gas through a piped system generally flows continuously but for anyone using LPG, you must keep an eye on your bottle and ensure it is replaced before running out completely.
Types of Gas Hot Water Systems
There are two main forms of gas hot water systems:
Here you have an insulated tank that stores water heated using storage water heaters. The heated water is maintained at the selected temperature so that it is ready for use whenever needed.
Instantaneous System (Continuous Flow)
In this system, water is not preheated and there is no need for a storage unit. Instantaneous systems only heat water the moment a hot water tap is turned on. No tank means no loss of heat and you get to save on energy costs however the heat-on-demand feature can elevate your gas use.
Benefits of Gas Hot Water Systems
- High-efficiency levels especially if you are using the 4-star or 5-star rated models
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Cheaper to install compared to solar systems or heat pumps
- Installation can be done and completed in a day
- Allow easy upgrade from an older model or an electric system
- You can combine gas hot water systems with solar and heat pumps.
Quality Gas Hot Water Systems
At RPG Plumbing, we are committed to ensuring that you only get high-quality water heaters. We only deal with leading brands we know and trust.
Considerations before installing Gas Hot Water Systems
Some of the considerations you need to look at include:
- The energy star level. A high star-rating means that the model uses less gas, making it more energy efficient.
- Number of appliances in use. This will determine the type of gas hot water system you will use especially if multiple appliances run concurrently in your home.
- Number of occupants in the home. More occupants means more use – this is important if you are leaning towards storage tanks because you may need a bigger tank.
Our team of plumbers are licensed and highly experienced in:
- All types of gas hot water system installation
- Maintenance services including conducting safety inspections of gas boilers and water heaters used for residential and commercial purposes, as well as gas certification
- Repair of gas hot water systems.
We are committed to providing quality plumbing and gas services to North Brisbane.