When it comes to blocked drains Brisbane residents just like everyone else dread getting one. The headache that comes with blocked drains is something we would rather not deal with but then a blocked drain is not something you can wish away and the longer you take to get it sorted, the worse it gets.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to deal with alone and RPG Plumbing is your blocked drains Brisbane experts who are readily available to unclog your drains.
How to spot a blocked drain
Through early detection of blocked drains Brisbane residents and businesses can avert bigger problems. Below are some of the ways that can help you know if the drain is blocked or is in the process of being blocked:
- If the water is going down the drain very slowly
- If the water simply won’t go down the drain
- If you have waste backing up from your sink, toilet, shower or tub
- If there is a stench coming out of your drain
- If you hear a gurgling-like sound every time you flush the toilet or run the sink.
We have also seen situations where waste from external sources (outside of your home) can back up your drain and overflow in your home, which can be quite disastrous.
Common Causes of Blocked Drains
Some of the common causes of blocked drains Brisbane residents and businesses can look out for include:
- The presence of foreign and often “unflushable” objects in the drains such as baby wipes, sanitary products, and children’s toys
- Oil and grease poured down the drain
- Hair and other organic matter
- Earth movements and shifts
- Tree roots
- Structural collapse within the pipe.
Simple Fixes you can carry out at home
Blockage due to oil or grease
Boiled water can be effective in removing oil and grease and light blockages in the kitchen sink and other sinks. You can also create a mixture out of ½ cup of bicarbonate soda, ½ cup of salt, 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of hot water and pour it down the drain. Other than unblocking the drain, the mixture also disinfects your drains.
Use the Plunger
You can use a plunger to force minor blocks down the plumbing line. As you push the plunger continuously, air is forced through the pipe and clears the blockage. You may need to do this repeatedly before the clogging clears. For double sinks, you will need to block the second drain for pressure to build up.
For other stubborn blockages please get in touch with RPG Plumbing.
When it comes to blocked drains Brisbane can call on us for:
- Unblocking sinks, showers, tubs and laundry drains
- Unblocking toilets
- Unblocking gutters and downpipes
- Unblocking storm drains
- Repairing blocked drains
- Dealing with roots that cause recurring cracks
- Unblocking floor wastes
- Unblocking sewer lines
- Repairing or replacing damaged sewer lines
- Drain and sewer maintenance
- CCTV drain inspections
- Emergency response.